For the past few years I’ve been amassing my own personal collection of mercy glass. I love how it feels classic, yet modern and can fit in with virtually any color scheme. So I was really excited when Krylon came out with their own do-it-yourself paint,
Looking Glass. Now it’s possible to turn anything into mercury glass with a few simple steps.
- Krylon’s Looking Glass spray paint
- whatever glass piece(s) you want to paint
- a spray bottle filled with water
- glossy black enamel paint
- glossy gold metallic paint
- scrubby sponge
- paint brush
Seventh House on the Left has a very detailed follow-along that will seamlessly guide you through the process of giving your plain glass pieces a new life (that looks old!).