If you're like me, you want to be more eco-friendly but you're not quite sure what the next step would be after recycling and turning off the lights when you leave the room. Here are 11 DIY projects from around the web that will help you live a more environmentally conscious lifestyle.
1. Nix that wasteful plastic wrap and make a set of these oilcloth bowl covers instead.
2. Don't let all that rain go to waste… collect it in a rain barrel to create a natural irrigation system that you can use to water your gardens. Get the how-to here.
3. Don't throw out that old bookshelf… turn it into a kitchen island instead! Check out this and tons of other furniture upcycling ideas here.
4. Reduce paper waste by making a set of these beautiful linen napkins which double as placemats… genius!
6. Learn how to turn food jars into handy storage using this post.
7. Make your own natural reusable cleaning wipes using this great tutorial.
8. Make plastic grocery bags a thing of the past by making sure to always bring a reusable tote with you not only to the grocery store, but also the pharmacy, the mall, or anywhere else you shop. Get the tutorial for this fabric tote here.