We get really, really excited about DIY lighting projects here at Curbly, so narrowing down our HUGE collection of awesome ideas to ten was a tough task. In the end, we chose our favorite high-impact, low-cost projects. Here they are in order of most difficult to easiest (they’re all pretty easy, though)! Enjoy!
10. With some basic welding skills, this minimalist-style swing arm lamp could be yours! See how here.
9. This mod chandelier takes a little bit of patience but will set you back less than $10–totally worth getting all those little sticks positioned just-so. See how here.
8. Spruce up your walls with this bent wood sconce! Building the base from 1x4s is the ‘hardest’ part of this simple lighting project. See how here.
7. These modern lamp shades are made entirely of folded paper. Imagine all the possibilities! See how here.
6. Starting out with an affordable IKEA base is the trick to many a DIY project, including this customized DIY sputnik chandelier! See how here.
5. Faux Capiz, capiche? This beauty is made from something almost everyone has in their kitchen! See how here.
4. 2011 was the year we lost our minds for all DIY projects spawned from branches, twigs, or tree stumps… including this tree stump table lamp! See how here.
3. This sleek outdoor fire pit can be made on the cheap and only requires some basic gluing skills! See how here.
2. While this oversized wire orb light may look complicated, it is far from it! Anyone can make this, trust us. See how here.
1. And coming in at number one (so exciting, right?) are these DIY paper lanterns. All you need is a circle punch and some double stick tape. A cheap paper lantern forms the base for these indoor/outdoor statement lighting pieces! See how here.
Check out more great DIY lighting project ideas right here and let us know what some of your faves are!