Fluffy pastel bunnies and plastic grass be gone! We’re celebrating Easter with some modern flair this year, starting with everyone’s favorite activity: dyeing Easter eggs! Here are 12 totally unique techniques that will have you foregoing the grocery store kits and celebrating the season with egg-streme style!
1. I love the patterns and colors in these modern Ukrainian eggs!
2. Wrap dyed eggs with contrasting thread for a little pop of extra interest.
3. Bring the neon and “paint-dipped” trends home to roost with neon food coloring!
4. These naturally dyed eggs are loaded with great textures and visual interest.
6. I adore this modernist spin on wax-resist dyeing!
7. These spotted Easter eggs are the coolest!
8. I’m going to keep my eyes open for some interesting leaves then I’m totally trying this “botanical egg” look!
9. Did you know you can dye eggs with silk menswear ties?? Time to raid the thrift store.
10. Use everything from onion skins to spinach leaves to create all-natural dyes!
11. These CMYK dot eggs are design nerdery to the max.
12. The secret behind these off-set geometric eggs is… electrical tape!
Do you have any other unique Easter egg ideas? Share some of your favorite methods in the comments! And, of course, happy egg-dyeing!