School’s out, and the dog days of summer are here… don’t let the kids even have the chance to get bored. Try out these fun craft projects using recycled materials that you probably have laying around the house. And you’ll be doing our earth a favor while you’re at it!
1. Help your kids make pretty votives using all that old tissue paper that’s leftover from holiday and birthday gifts. Check out the full tutorial here. [Photo: Mess For Less]
2. Cleaning out the closets? Upcycle a pair of old jeans by using them to make a cute (and functional!) denim diary or sketchbook. Find out how to do it right here. [Photo: Life Made Creations]
3. Help your little ones make these adorable cardboard animals using cereal boxes. Find instructions and printable templates here. [Photo: Handmade Charlotte]
4. Use old yogurt containers to create a garden. Find out how to make these stylish recycled planters here. [Photo: Nicrochet]
5. Old magazines can be made into coasters…. who knew?! Simple instructions are available here. [Photo: How About Orange]