As a kid growing up in the 80’s, I most certainly did not use neon subtly. But now that it’s 2013 and neon is back, it’s important to use it sparingly. Here are ten ways to utilize these bright colors without overwhelming your space.
1. Emily painted her clawfoot tub neon green… and you can too! Read more about it here. [Photo: Emily Henson]
2. “Dipping” chair legs in neon paint will add the perfect amount of pizzazz to the room. Check out the tutorial here. [Photo: For The Love Of]
3. 80’s-inspired wall art might just be the pop of color that you’re looking for. Find out how to make your own neon art here. [Photo: Making It Lovely]
4. Capree painted just the legs of her desk hot pink to add some brightness to her home office. Check out the tutorial here. [Photo: Curbly]
5. Swap out your boring old light fixture for one with a neon cord. [Photo: Remodelista]