Tea towels provide a great opportunity to add some artwork to the kitchen – the perfect way to infuse a bit of character into your space. Here are ten of my favorite DIY tea towel projects; make one for yourself, or make a whole batch as hostess gifts for all the holiday parties you’ll undoubtedly soon be invited to.
1. These silk screened monogram tea towels are oh-so-cute.
Here’s the (surprisingly) easy tutorial. [Photo: Something Turquoise]
2. I’m loving the geometric shapes on these towels. Find out how to make them
here. [Photo: Lovely Indeed]
3. Your sewing machine is the tool of choice for
this fun tutorial. [Photo: Brit + Co]
4. Gold lettering makes this tea towel a show stopper. Find out how to do it
here. [Photo: The Shabby Creek Cottage]
5. Block printed floral towels would be the perfect gift for the gardener in your life.
Here are the instructions. [Photo: Garden Therapy]
6. Or you could dip dye a plain white towel to create this beautiful ombré effect.
Here’s the tutorial. [Photo: Personally Andrea]
7. Embroidery is another wonderful way to dress up a towel… find out how to create this hexagon pattern
here. [Photo: Ladyface Blog]
8. Brushed text adds some whimsical charm.
Here are the instructions. [Photo: Creature Comforts]
9. This applique deer project is super easy… find out how to do it
here. [Photo: Hi Sugarplum]
10. And last we have a fun set of hand drawn towels – yes, hand drawn. Find out how to make them look so perfect
here. [Photo: Cherished Bliss]