There’s something so appealing to me about an IKEA hack. I love the idea of transforming a mass produced piece into a customized, one-of-a-kind item that nobody else has. And there are a lot of great ones kicking around the internet right now. Here are ten useful ones.
1. Turn a
Lack table into a decorative wall shelf – no paint necessary. Genius! Here’s the simple tutorial. [Photo: Redbook]
2. These step stools got a colorful makeover using paint and wallpaper…
here are the details. [Photo: This Little Street]
3. I’ve been searching and searching and
searching for a way to store my jewelry in a way that I could see it all clearly – and I’ve finally found the answer! Here it is. [Photo: The Girl On The Go]
4. This little table is pretty neat… check out the tutorial
here. [Photo: EmerJa]
5. This bike rack idea is pretty genius…
here’s the tutorial. [Photo: IKEA Hackers]
6. There isn’t much to this one, but the result is pretty fantastic.
Read more here. [Photo: Teste Di Legno]
7. Skip the expensive built-in closet system and
do this instead. [Photo: IKEA Hackers]
8. This narrow console table will fit virtually anywhere.
Here’s the easy tutorial. [Photo: Hey, Let’s Make Stuff]
9. This glamorous campaign-style dresser is made from a
Hemnes dresser. Find out how to make your own here. [Photo: Laquer & Linen]
10. And this last one might be the most clever one of them all…. convert a dresser into a secretary-style desk!
Here’s the tutorial. [Photo: In My Own Style]