If you’re contemplating starting your own creative business but don’t know where to begin, you’re not alone. The prospect of becoming your own boss can be a daunting one. So today I’m sharing ten online resources that have been invaluable to me throughout my journey to becoming a small business owner. And the best part? Most of them are free!
1. By Regina – This website has a wealth of (free) information beyond just creating an action plan. Tips for building an audience, being productive, creating an effective website, etc. Check out this awesome post here.
2. Coursera – This might be one of my favorites. Coursera is a site with thousands of university-level courses taught by real college professors. And every course has a free option. I find the business and marketing courses to be particularly helpful. Check it out here.
3. Dear Handmade Life – This site sells affordable online workshops on a variety of creative subjects. See their current offerings here.
4. Lynda.com – This one has a large selection of courses on topics ranging from business to software to creative skills. And you can try it out for free for ten days. Head over here to check it out.
5. Wonderlass – This post has a great step-by-step overview that will help you get started. There are lots of other informative posts on the site as well. See this one here.
6. Freelancers Union – This has a super helpful blog with all kinds of interesting information, as well as resources for freelancers such as insurance information and discounts. Explore the site here.
7. Elegance and Enchantment – This post would be helpful for those of you who are starting your own Etsy shop. See all of Michelle’s helpful tips here.
8. Whitney Blake – This blog post has five excellent tips for starting your own business, along with lots of helpful links to additional resources. Read it here.
9. Skillshare – This site has tons of useful video courses on a wide range of creative business-focused topics. Check out their course listings here.
10. Creative Live – This is another one of my favorites; they offer tons of different live courses which are free if you watch them live, or you can buy any past course. Which means it pays to keep an eye on their schedule! Check it out here.
Do you have any resources that you love? Feel free to share them in the comments section!