It's hot outside. Don't let your fear of showing off your knees prevent you from dressing for the weather. Sew your own pair of shorts, and they'll be as long or short as you please.
A pair of pants
Sewing machine and thread
1. Take off your pants. Put on the trousers that will become you shorts, and determine where you’d like the length of your shorts to fall. Add 1.5”, and mark on both legs.
2. Take off those pants, and lay them flat. (Whether you put your originals back on is up to you.) Line up your square with the side hem of the pants, and begin to cut across the leg. Once you’ve gotten to the pleat/half way, slowly angle you scissors so that you eventually cut about .5” lower than where you started. See the photo.
3. Turn the shorts inside out, and fold a small hem. The lowered inside will make this step easier. Pin, iron, and sew a straight stitch. Repeat for the other leg.
4. Now, fold up the hem until you’ve reached the desired length, and then pin, iron, and sew. Repeat for the other leg.
5. Turn your shorts right side out, and enjoy the sunshine.