Awhile back Chris Glass had a mouse in the house. After the little critter got a little too cheeky, Chris decided they could not coexist. A toilet paper roll, a cracker and a dab of peanut butter and an hour later, the interloper was captured…humanely. Here’s how he did it.
1. Get a toilet paper tube and crease two lines to form a flat sided tunnel.
2. Put a treat on one end of the tube: A cracker and dab of peanut butter works great.
3. Get a tall (at least 20 inches) bucket. A trash can works well.
4. Balance the tube precariously on the edge of a table or counter with the treat hanging directly over the tall sided receptacle.
5. The mouse will scurry to the treat (they like tunnels) and fall into the trap.
6. Set the fella loose at least a mile away from your abode.
Postnote: It worked within the hour. Also, folks have asked how this could work if you don't have a counter or table. Simple: get a piece of cardboard and crease it to make a ramp up to a small trashcan.