Holiday excitement has been replaced with the urge to purge, cleaning out cabinets and closets that is…
Here are the top 10 places I will be excavating this week. Once accomplished, I’ll be able to hit the ground running on January 1, 2009. That feeling supplies a much needed boost during these short, cloudy days and helps ease the post-holiday slump.
Make sure your list is do-able so you can start 2009 on a high note.
- Pantry and fridge-kill two birds with one stone, healthy eating and order
- Kitchen cabinets-during all the hustle and bustle of meals and baking, the pots, pans and dishes need to find their proper places
- Back hall closet-too many extraneous items got jammed in at the last minute
- Laundry cabinets-never gets enough attention, detergent, spot removers and such
- Dryer vent- ours froze shut last week, had to go outside and fish through to clean out gunk
- Bathroom vanity-way too many unwanted shampoos and Ace bandages
- Studio or Crafting Area-always my favorite to get straightened up to make room for creativity
- Desk-No matter how hard I try, scrap papers and junk start piling up
- t.v. cabinet- a joy to purge old, stray cords, VHS tapes and make room for our new gift from Santa
- Computer files-drowning in photos and columns, have to streamline
Six days of bulldozing through this list will bring a good 2-3 months of calm order to start 2009, a year of hard work and hope.