A folding table can come in very handy. This little fellow comes to us from Handy Man Wire, who says that it can be constructed out of any wood of your choosing. (Because the maker is using his table on a porch, he built it out of cedar. Stainless steel and brass hardware was chosen for the same reason.) Since you can make it in an afternoon or so, it would be the perfect weekend project. Here’s your shopping list!
- 1 – 8′ x 1 x 6 cedar or variety of your choosing
- 2 – 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 brass hinges
- 1 -5 x 1/4 stainless steel bolt
- 1 – 1/4″ nylock nut
- 18 – 1″ #8 brass screws + a few extras, just in case
- titebond waterproof glue or equivalent, for outdoor applications
To see how it all goes together, check out Handy Man’s very handy tutorial.