Now that January is over, most of the buzz about New Year's resolutions has faded away. But that's no excuse to let your goals fall by the wayside. There are lots of ways to use your phone to help you stay on track… so today I'm sharing nine of my favorite free apps that will help you maintain your goals now that we're well into 2018.
1. Sworkit – If you're on the hunt for an at-home workout app, this one is fantastic. You can choose the length and type of workout you'd like, and you can also create custom workouts. They walk you through each exercise with an animated video that looks quite life-like.
2. Duolingo – Learn a new language with this easy-to-use app which feels like a game rather than a chore. They offer 31 different languages and a fun interactive interface. Très bien!
3. Goodreads – If you like to read, you'll want to check out Goodreads… you can see what your friends are reading, save books that you'd like to read in the future, and they also give you recommendations based on the books that you've enjoyed in the past. It's like Netflix and Facebook had a literary app baby.
4. Luminosity – Give your brain a workout with this interactive app designed to keep your mind functioning at its best. It was created by scientists and game designers, so you can bet that it's both beneficial and fun.
5. GoodGuide – Are you trying to live a more natural, organic lifestyle? GoodGuide will help you pick products that fit the bill. Just type in or scan the item that you're considering, and they will give you ratings to help you make a decision. And the database is quite large, with everything from food to makeup to household products.
6. Sketches – Interested in trying digital art? This is a great way to experiment with drawing on a phone or tablet… the app has a variety of brushes, and the paintbrush even mixes colors together. You can also add different layers, and even create screen recordings.
7. Fitbit – You can track your steps with Fitbit, but you can also take note of your water intake, weight, calories and so much more. There is also an interactive element… compete with your friends for added motivation!
8. Eventbrite – If one of your goals was to get out and do more activities, you'll want to take advantage of all that Eventbrite has to offer. Sure, you can sign up for events… but it will also recommend events based on the ones that you've attended in the past. I've attended some really interesting talks, art shows and networking meetups that I never would have known about if not for Eventbrite.
9. Breethe – Are you hoping to meditate more this year? Breethe will help you do that, with a huge database of recorded meditations for all kinds of different situations. You can also set up daily reminders so you never forget!