Success! We managed to turn our 1,200 square foot home into a place for a family of four to live, work, and thrive. What the photos don’t show is our newborn making this room his temporary home (complete with a bassinet and sound machine). It's an adjustment, but we're making it work! What's really put my mama-heart at ease has been the transformation of our forgotten sunroom. Turning it into a cozy, welcoming space for our newborn has allowed for an easier transition to our new life, and for our toddler to accept the fact that he is not an only child anymore. All this is thanks to a bit of paint from Sherwin-Williams.
Since the room was really small, we had to make the most of every space. One whole wall is windows, so that only left us with only three walls to work with. We lined the longest wall with shelves to make the most of the vertical space, and we use the shelves to store books, toys, diapers, and the like.
We chose the perfect neutral gray paint colors for the wall and floor with help from the Sherwin-Williams store employees, and were even able to test how these colors would look in our space with the ColorSnap® app. The lime green accents add a fun pop of color to what would otherwise be boring, white shelves. We matched the lime green paint perfectly to the color of our playroom chairs at our local Sherwin-Williams store. With all this shelving, we now have much more storage space to work with.
We used one of the other walls as an art station for our son. We made a built-in desk and hung shelves above to hold all of the art supplies. The desk is one of his favorite aspects of the room. Since we painted the desk with Sketch Pad™ dry erase coating, he can draw directly on the surface with his dry-erase markers. We just had to really drive home the fact that this was the only surface he could write on directly!
Not only does this space have loads of personality, but it now feels like everyone has a place of their own. We are excited to see our boys transform from brothers into friends in this playroom over the years to come.
A special thanks to Sherwin-Williams for helping us with this room makeover; we absolutely love the way it turned out!
- Wall Color: Gray Screen SW 7071
- Trim Color: Extra White SW 7006
- Floor Color: Web Gray 7075
- Desk Chairs: Limeade Kids Tabouret Stacking Chairs
- Floor Poofs: Celebration Hand Knitted Pure Cotton Braid Pouf – Navy
- Rug: Agrata Rug, Aqua
- Wallpaper: Fine Little Day
- Chair & Ottoman: Mod Nod Swivel Glider & Ottoman (Devote Pewter)
- Table Lamp: Gumball Lamp (Grey)
- Side Table: Precious Metal Nightstand (Navy)
- Storage Bins: Kneatly Knit Rope Bin (Large, Medium, Small)
- Pillow: Whale Throw Pillow
- Paper Roll: IKEA MALA Paper Roll
- Small Shelf Brackets: Alise J5217-4P
- Large Shelf Brackets: EKBY STODIS
- TeePee: A Teepee to Call Your Own
- Toy Chest: Child Craft Shoal Creek
- Books: All from Amazon.com
- Prints: This is Home and In Atlanta
This post was sponsored by Sherwin-Williams, makers of quality paint products. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make Curbly possible.