Where is summer running off to in such a hurry? Even though I'm a bit sad to see another season come to a close, I'm quietly giddy about the return of autumn. I can't help myself, I'm just so in love with the season. Big scarves, chilly breeze, pumpkin-flavored everything… it's hands-down the best season ever. While there are still a few weeks remaining until fall is officially here, I've got just the project to start you transitioning. Continue Reading
In honour of Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, (which b.t.w is awesome and adorable) here’s an uber-cute and COMPLETELY simple way to wrap mix-tapes (sigh… remember tapes?) for your best girl (or guy).
- A square bit of paper, 12″x12″ (or 30cm) I’ve used velum scrapbook pages, ’cause they were exactly the right size and purdy.
- A protractor. Like in school!
- some scissors and a pencil
- a carefully thought out mix cd with which to woo your sweetie.
Materials: Four compact disc cases
1. Remove the front (the clear part) from three of the cases.
2. Tape or glue the three cases in a box shape, and then add the final case on the back, as in the photo.
3. Help your little seedlings thrive by placing the greenhouse over the plant, using the lid as necessary. Continue Reading
Instead of paying good cash for cd cases, which eventually break and end up in a landfill, how about creating your own, unique folded-paper cd cases that are biodegradable and take up a fraction of the space?
8 ½” by 11″ paper
a computer (optional)
1. Center a cd, which you’ll be using as a guide, at the top of a sheet of paper, as shown. Continue Reading