- Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush, and flush. The citric acid and effervescent action will help loosen the grime.
- Attract Fish. Fish dig on bubbles. Fill a tube jig with a piece of Alka-Seltzer and cast off.
- Clean hard-to-reach areas of deep vessels, such as a flower vase. Fill with water and drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets.
- Polish jewelry. Dissolve two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the soak jewelry for two minutes.
“Wine is one of the oldest alcoholic beverages on the planet. Its history spans thousands of years and while heavy drinking of any alcoholic beverage rather brings lots of health-related troubles instead of benefits, current research suggests that a glass of red wine each day may be providing you with more than just a little relaxation. “
- Reduced risk of death from nearly all causes: European researchers suggest that moderate daily intake of red wine (22-32 g of alcohol) has a protective effect on all-cause mortality.
According to Wikipedia:
“The raw material for petroleum jelly was discovered in 1859 in Titusville, Pennsylvania where it was stuck to some of the first oil rigs in the U.S. The workers disliked the paraffin like material because it caused the rigs to seize up, but they used it on cuts and burns because it hastened healing. Robert Chesebrough, a young chemist whose previous work of distilling fuel from the oil of sperm whales had been rendered obsolete by petroleum, went to Titusville to see what new materials had commercial potential. Continue Reading