It's almost Valentine's Day! I love this holiday because: A. love is a lovely thing, B. exchanging cards or little gifts is always fun, and C. chocolate! What's not to enjoy? You know what else I'm totally loving right now? Enamel pins (hello 90s fashion – it's nice to see you again!). If you're looking for a cute gift to give to your friends, coworkers, or gal-pals, these faux enamel pins are quick and easy to make. Continue Reading
Fresh off the PhotoJoJo presses is a tutorial for making Shrinky Dinks jewelry (or magnets or zipper pulls) out of your favorite photos! Here’s what you’ll need:
- inkjet-printable shrink plastic, clear or white
- oven or toaster oven
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- scissors and/or an X-acto
- hole punch, optional
- this fabulous tute on PhotoJoJo!
Planet June does some really cools stuff with Shrinky Dink plastic. She makes rings out of it! Supplies you’ll need to make ’em is minimal and includes the following:
- Shrinky Dink Plastic (June uses the Frosted Ruff N’ Ready variety, but you might want to try Chrisjob’s very clever inexpensive and eco-friendly alternative.)
- A ruler & craft knife or scissors
- Rubber stamps & alcohol-based permanent inks, fine point Sharpie, colored pencils for decorating your rings
- A form to shape the plastic around that’s the same diameter as your finger.